Sunday, January 7, 2007

Government Accountability - San Jose's Sunshine Reform Taskforce

Due to overwhelming pressure and the fact that San Jose's City business was occurring in the dark. The San Jose City Council created the Sunshine Reform Task Force (SRTF)

I serve as the Non-profit representative on the task force. My name was literally chosen out of a hat by the City Clerk, Lee Price.

I was very honored when City Council member, Linda LeZotte asked if I would be willing for her to submit my name into the pool of potential members.

I found out I was chosen when I got numerous emails and a few voice mails congratulating me. I think it took 3 or 4 emails before someone actually mentioned what they were congratulating me for.

It has been quite a learning curve for me, but one I truly cherish.

Essentially being raised in San Jose my whole life. I never realized just how big, powerful and widespread our city has become. It is unfortunate that we need a SRTF. But I am so glad that our City Council had the guts to make this a reality.

You can watch the meetings live via webcast or take a look at past meetings here.

I will keep you up to date on what we are going to be delivering to the new Mayor and City Council to help make San Jose a great city for all of us.

Dr. Karl Hoffower

No comments: